Hearings will likely be conducted via video conferencing due to COVID-19
What is it?
A way to have parenting, support and/or property issues resolved quickly and cost effectively
- Hearings can be conducted via video conferencing or in person
- Attend with or without a lawyer depending on the issues
- No legal documents needed depending on the issues
- Parties speak directly to the decision maker (the Arbitrator) about their case in an informal boardroom setting.
- Decisions (“Arbitration Award”) are enforceable, similar to a Court Order
- The decision maker (Arbitrator) will be a senior family lawyer with extensive experience in family law.
- Choose 1 hour, ½ day, or full day hearing